Many homeowners that choose hardwood flooring swear by it, and say that they refuse to use anything else. Houses with hardwood floors also tend to sell faster, and for a higher price. But why is this the case? Does having wooden floors really make that much of a difference?
1. Easy to clean – You’ll quickly learn to appreciate just how much hardwood floors cut your home cleaning time. Just a little sweeping and dust mopping is enough to keep them looking great. Any spots and stains are also relatively easy to remove.
2.Long life span – When it comes to long term value, there is no better choice than hardwood flooring. Florida homes that have wood floors look well maintained and luxurious for many decades after construction.
3. No allergy risks – Wood floors don’t irritate allergies, as there are no easy places for particles like dust and dander to cling to. This is very helpful if someone in your family has asthma or strong allergic reactions.
4. Refinishing – Apart from the durability and easy maintenance of hardwood floors, you can always refinish them to bring back their original luster. This is an affordable and quick process that will make your floors looking brand new, and can be repeated multiple times.
5. Timeless appeal – Hardwood is always in style, and fits with almost any home décor. For many centuries, it has been the top choice for people all over the world. It’s reassuring to know that regardless of your interior design tastes or recent trends, you will never have to worry about your floors looking outdated.
6. Eco-friendly – As wood is a completely natural and sustainable material, you help protect the environment by choosing it. Just make sure to choose a well-known supplier and make sure that they get their wood from sustainable sources.
7. Flexibility – If you find it difficult to choose between the benefits of hardwood and carpeting, you should always go for hardwood. You can always just add a rug over your floor later if you change your mind.
These seven factors give hardwood a major edge over other flooring materials, and make it well worth the initial cost. Keep these in mind when you’re remodeling, or building a new home.